Buying and Selling Real Estate Blog
Selling Unique BC Properties
August 2022 Fraser Valley Market Stats
In August, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) processed 1,017 sales on its Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®), an increase of 2.4 per cent compared to last month and a 51.3 per cent decrease compared to this time last year!
- The Board received 2,045 new listings in August, a decrease of 14.3 percent compared to July, and only 2.9 percent less than August 2021.
- The month ended with a total active inventory of 5,871, a decrease of 8.5 percent from last month but up by 44 percent compared to August 2021.
FVREB Board President Sandra Benz says 'With the Fraser Valley continuing to settle after months of record sales and prices, we expect to see more activity this coming fall as buyers look to capitalize on the region’s reputation for providing greater value for the real estate dollar.'
Some Notable Stats..
- Single Family Detached: At $1,513,500, the Benchmark price for an FVREB single-family detached home decreased 5.1 per cent compared to July 2022 and increased 9.8 per cent compared to August 2021.
- Townhomes: At $841,900, the Benchmark price for an FVREB townhome decreased 3.9 per cent compared to July 2022 and increased 16.1 per cent compared to August 2021.
- Apartments: At $542,000 the Benchmark price for an FVREB apartment/condo decreased 2.1 per cent compared to July 2022 and increased 18.4 per cent compared to August 2021.
Here is a link to the full Stats Package for August 2022 including 5 year summaries, Home Price Index & Average Price charts, Specific Stats for Fraser Valley municipalities in detail and more! CLICK HERE